Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Raining Today

Just got back in from the shops dripping wet as the Autumn rains appear to have begun after such fine weather for the last couple of weeks. As I put the key in the door, I suddenly recalled the above 45 and though I feel totally content in my love life the thought of the rain cascading down on me had me humming the tune. So I went straight upstairs and put it on the turntable.

The 45 is a truly uplifting sound which received spins on the rare soul scene back in the 70's though I haven't heard it played for an age. A Lou Courtney composition with James Ingram of the Ingram Family on lead vocals, the group also recorded 2 others for All Platinum and two for Mainstream according to Soul Harmony Singles Book.

You can find the B-side Let Me Keep On Walking which is more like the Moments on a great CD compiled by Dave Cole, the editor of In The Basement, on a CD for Sequel called Basement tracks. I like this side but Rain has so memories for me because it was hammered on my old record player in my bedroom in the 70's where I listened to new 45s with my then girlfriend Christine.

No comments:

Post a Comment