Sunday, January 22, 2006

Betty Harris


Betty re-emerged last year with fine performances around the US including headlining at the 2005 Ponderosa Stomp in New Orleans where I caught up with her.

I will be writing about meeting her and the 4th part of my trip down in the Delta for the next edition of the NSoul - you can see parts 1 to 3 in my Dark End Of The Street blog.

Yesterday, she informed the Southern Soul Group, of she is a member, that she is writing a book of her life and she reminisced about an incident when Wilson Pickett carried Jackie Wilson off the stage at a concert when Jackie was attacked by a fan.

Meanwhile, we are still waiting for the new CD which Betty hoped to release in the Fall of last year. Apparently, she didn't feel that the material that she recorded last year was good enough. She is heading back into the studios again this week with a different band and a new set of material to try again.

Check out Betty here.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I was there at the Stomp as well. Let me know if you're going to be at the Memphis stomp in May. We need to have a beer together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Agent 45

    I will be at the New Jersey soul event this year and will miss out on the Memphis stomp. If only the dates had been closer but I couldn't spare the time kicking my heels between events.

    But I am planning a trip down South later in the year or early next year and will be swinging by Atlanta so let's get together!

    ReplyDelete