Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Lee Shot Williams on Palos

I decided to dig the above out after the post on Billy McGregor's Palos track.

This acetate was one of my best ever wins on Ebay and was back in the days before sniping and when I used to stay up to the early hours of the night bidding. I won 3 actetates from the Chicago based Solid Viper Records which were reputedly from the collection of the producer Sonny Thompson. The other 2 were by Jesse Anderson and Ernie Hines - the latter one led me to actually meeting up with Ernie after I tried to find out more about the track!! (That's another story I will tell elsewhere).

Lee Shot's "I'm In Love" is a nice early piece of gritty Chicago mid-tempo soul and is very hard to find even on a regular issue. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Can you post the Jesse Anderson
    acetate? He's the MAN!

    Very cool eBay score. It can still
    be done, just takes a little more
    patience and a lot more luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mackmccoy

    I will post it up asap!!!!

    Colin

    ReplyDelete