Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Club Function Mixes


I've had a message from an e-friend Sebastian Fonzeus telling me about some cracking mixes he has put together:

Back in February I guest-DJed at the Function Soul Club here in my hometown of Malmoe, Sweden and in conjunction with that I put together an 80-minute MP3-mix of sounds that I liked a lot at that moment. On saturday the 25th of August I will guest-DJ at Function again and after that I'll become a resident DJ at the club and will help my friends Helena, Jonte and Joppe to organise the events. So I thought it was time for me to put together a new 80-minute MP3-mix for you to listen to. You can download the NEW mix on the following link:

http://www.shingaling.com/SebastiansFunctionMix20070814.mp3

SEBASTIAN'S FUNCTION MIX - AUGUST 2007

Chain Reaction - Dance Freak (re-edit) - SOUND OF NEW YORK, USA (12")
400 Years Of What - Get Down People - COUNTERPART
Jamie Ross - Try My Love - CAT
Continental Showstoppers - Not Too Young - SEVENTY SEVEN
Brief Encounter - What About Love - CAPITOL
Music Makers - Rock That Stuff - DASH
Cheyenne - Come Back To Me - SHADY BROOK (LP)
Jimmy Chambers - Doin' Alright - CUBE
Falcons - Good Good Feeling - BIG WHEEL
King Earnest - You Gonna Miss Me - SONIC
Fredrick Knight - Steppin Down - MAXINE
Temprees - I'll Live Her Life - WE PRODUCE
Barbara & Gwen - Right On - NEW CHICAGO SOUND
Sun - Just A Minute Of Your Time - CAPITOL
Las Vegas Connection - Running Back To You - HEP' ME
Charles Pryor - What They Doin' (Funky Junkie) - DOUBLE 07
Brenda George - I Can't Stand It (I Can't Take It No More) - KENT
Turnpikes - Cast A Spell - CAPITOL
Charles Spurling - Let Me Be (A Steppin' Soul) - KING
Saxie Russell - El Monkey - RAN-DEE
Rhonda Davis - Can You Remember - DUKE
Bliss - Groovin' (On A Love Song) - CITY VIEW
Allan Harris & Perpetual Motion - Get Ready - EXACT CHANGE
Fantastic Aleems - Hooked On Your Love - PANORAMA
Southroad Connection - You Like It, We Love It - MAHOGANY
Evans Pyramid - Never Gonna Leave You - FUNK (12")

My OLD mix from February, which many of you probably already have heard, is still available and can be downloaded on the following link:

http://www.shingaling.com/SebastiansFunctionMix20070223.mp3

SEBASTIAN'S FUNCTION MIX - FEBRUARY 2007

Arnie Love & The Loveletts - We Had Enough - TAP (12")
Little Beaver - Listen To My Heartbeat - CAT
Prince Johnny Robinson - That Girl Is Rated X - ANDEE
Cojo - Play It By Ear - DESTINY
Bob Williams - I'm Alright - NAD-LYN
Ray Barretto - Together - FANIA
Odyssey - Battened Ships - MOWEST (LP)
Skip Jackson And The Shantons - I'm On To You Girl - DOT-MAR
Sandra Phillips - Words - ASSOCIATED acetate (unissued)
Angela Davis - My Love (Is So Strong) - FLAMING ARROW
Swan Silvertones - If You Believe Your God Is Dead - HOB IS GOSPEL
Billy Nichols - Shake A Leg - SUE
Plair - Brother Man On The Corner - TARSAN
Christian Plicque - Hot Foxy Woman - LECAM
Vance And Suzzanne - I Can't Get Along Without You - VANTON (12")
Larry McGee Revolution - The Burg - BOOGIE BAND
Cappy & Stonewall - Bad News - LOVE CAPP
Eastside Connection - Over Please - RAMPART
Cecil Lyde - I'll Make It On My Own - ALWEST
J.G. Lewis - What Am I Going To Do - IX CHAINS
Ivan Neville - Dance Your Blues Away - COOKIE
High Frequency - Summertime - NIA
Gladys Knight & The Pips - It's A Better Than Good Time - BUDDAH
Maurice Long - I Don't Love You Anymore - CYCLONE

I hope you hear something you like. Check out the Function homepage for info, pictures, more MP3-mixes etc. at:

http://www.clubfunction.com

Thanks for listening. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment