Friday, September 21, 2007

Jump The Gun Brighton

I recently spent a few days in Brighton where I used to live back in the early 70's. One shop of interest I came across was Jump The Gun in Gardiner Street. The shop has been described in the Yahoo Travel Guide as follows:

Selling very chic and authentic mod wear, this shop plays on the image created of Brighton in the film Quadrophenia. The window display holds such memorabilia as a Vespa moped and a British flag. Although on the expensive side you could find yourself shopping alongside stars such as Paul Weller. They stock the inevitable Ben Sherman shirts and parkas, but also have their own range of interesting shirts. Great for classic suits with a twist, this is the perfect place for informal men who attend formal events.

After passing Jump The Gun, I continued my walk around the North Street area of Brighton. While I was walking down from the station I passed Church Street and noticed a familiar sight. I couldn't believe my eyes to see that a sign advertising a secondhand clothes shop was still hanging above the door though the shop was long closed.

Back in the early 70's, I purchased several sets of clothes from the shop including a gorgeous grey Italian design suit which looked so cool - I was so pleased because I was too young to have been able to buy this perfect mod attire in the 60's - I cannot recall what I did with it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment